Friday, June 8, 2012

About my movie reviews...

I found out that I sort of offended someone while watching Snow White and the Huntsman, and possibly with the review I published on it. This has never been my intention, and to be honest, writing movie reviews was not what I set out to do with this blog. It was a convenient format for expressing my thoughts on culture, since a lot of people like movies. However, I acknowledge that my reactions to that particular film were a bit extreme. Add to that the fact that my review was fairly emotionally charged and hastily written, and... well, I don't have much of a case here. I'll be re-writing my review, in the next little while, but for now it won't be visible on my site. If you're reading this, I'm sorry for stating my opinions poorly, and please keep reading.

I saw Prometheus in IMAX 3D last night, and I'll be posting my review on that soon.

3 comments:

  1. I wasn't offended, for whatever that's worth. Maybe you passed judgement a bit too quickly but the essence of what you said was accurate for the most part.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, your blog, your thoughts, your rules. You're entitled to write what you like. But if you thought the review was bad, then no shame in rewriting ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the support, and yes, the issue wasn't that I came to the wrong conclusions. I still hold to my opinion, but the piece I posted was inferior.

      Delete